FIR GRAZING

Fir, is considered one of the most important bee pastures. Its honeycomb is quite whimsical, but when it really gets late, the harvest is more plentiful than on any other plant. It usually honeys in early June and can last until August. Most of our bees collect honey on the slopes of the Krim.

ACACIA GRAZING

Acacia or robinia is a well-known honey tree with a warmer climate. The first flowers can open in the first days of May, and its flowering can be delayed until June. Acacia grazing is quite reliable and rich, and in ideal weather conditions it can also be a record.

LINDEN GRAZING

Linden blooms in June, Lipovec a little later, its flowering can be delayed until the beginning of flowering chestnuts. Both species are very sensitive to honey and meditate well only when there is enough moisture in the soil and air, when the night and day temperatures are high enough and when there is complete no wind. For this purpose, part of the bees are transported to Bela krajina.

SPRUCE GRAZING

The main grazing begins during the flowering of the elderberry and then moves to higher positions. Grazing can be very abundant and under favorable conditions, bees can also fill the honeycombs several times.

FOREST GRAZING

Almost 60% of Slovenia is covered by coniferous and deciduous forests, which are the most important source of bee food. On forest trees, shrubs, and the herbaceous layer, bees gather medicine, manna, pollen, and propolis. Therefore, the honey from this pasture is quite diverse, depending on the species that predominates in it. I use this pasture on the slopes of Crimea and Bela krajina.

CHESTNUT GRAZING

The real chestnut blooms relatively late, so it represents an important bee pasture. Flowering begins in the second half of June, and depending on altitude, flowering can be delayed even into the first decade of July. It is considered to be one of the more reliable pastures in Slovenia, but it is slightly less abundant compared to the slave. For honey, warm weather without wind and with enough moisture in the air is essential. The real chestnut is very sensitive to fog and sudden storms. However, because the shallow flower also has dry weather, it has an adverse effect on honey, as it dries out the nectar quickly.

FLOWER GRAZING

When bees collect nectar, they fly from flower to flower of the same plant species, which is very important for pollination as they carry pollen grains of this plant with them. Grazing is mostly limited to the morning and morning hours of the day. In spring, the time of visiting flowers is shorter, and with longer summer days it is extended accordingly. In addition to nectar, bees also collect pollen or pollen on flowers. Usually 70% of bees bring home nectar and the other 30% pollen. In a very rich pasture, everything goes to nectar.